Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Random Thoughts

Well it has been several days since I've posted and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee while reading all of my favorite blogs.  I've just finished the second of four mid shifts for the week and will be heading off to dreamland in a short while.

Last Saturday was the last meeting of the Ozarks Chapter of the American Christian Writers.  I really enjoy meeting with this group of incredibly talented writers that are so willing to share their knowledge and experience about writing and getting published.  Meetings will resume in the fall with a new list of scheduled speakers and writing events.  The local chapter is sponsoring a writing contest for devotions this summer.  I think I'll work on a couple of entries.  Even if they don't pass muster with the judges, I'm sure that you'll see them here at some point.

School is wrapping up for the kids.  I'm looking forward to Aaron being home and taking in a ball game or two.  Hannah had her band concert Monday night and had a flute solo in one of the pieces.  She made section leader for next year's marching band.  This year's band had 3 section leaders for 22 flutes.  Next year she will be one of two section leaders for 30+ flutes.  Out of six flutists that tried out, only two were selected.  They figure that they have their work cut out for them!

I've been thinking of several other Favorite Bible Stories that I need to post.  I really need to dedicate some time for such things.  I often have the thoughts but not at the times that I have the opportunity to research and write.  Other times, I have the time but lack the motivation.  

I have enjoyed the random chats with some of you that have Facebook accounts.  If there are other readers on Facebook, you can link to me here.  Be sure to send me a message that you linked from my blog.  

One of the things that has been weighing on my mind and heart--I am becoming very disappointed and discouraged by the actions (and inactions) of the Church in the US.  I know that I'll need to organize my thoughts before posting them if I don't want to sound like a rambling, ranting idiot.  For now, I have this terrible feeling that we don't look anything like the Bride of Christ.  If you have been disillusioned by the Church or by a person that claims to be a follower of Jesus, please accept my apology for them (or me).  If you find yourself in search of God, please feel free to comment, call or e-mail me.  If I can help, great!  If not, perhaps I can connect you with somebody that can.  I'm re-reading Lee Strobel's A Case For Christ to help me organize my thoughts and defense of my beliefs.  I'll doing more apologetic reading as the summer passes--maybe some more apologetic writing, as well.

I hear the bed calling to me from down the hall...

A little rest and I'll be a little better ranting idiot!

John <><

3 comments:

Mike said...

I was going to leave a comment but since you're sleeping I'll come back later.

Sicilian said...

I was a section leader for the clarinets in high school marching band. . . . she will have fond memories of band. . . . .
I am one of your disappointed Christians. . . . I would have never guessed that I would be where I am . . . . but it is ok. . . . . I lived 22 years without ever setting foot in church except for funerals and holidays. . . 25 years of never missing a service. . . and the last few years of being very thankful that I am a sporadic attender. . .
Ciao

Anonymous said...

John, have you read "That Printer of Udell's"? It is an easy read...a reminder of how Christians should act and how sometimes the church misses the mark. A favorite and inspiration for Ronald Reagan...which is why i picked it up.