Friday, May 08, 2009

A Great Idea!

I pulled this one out of the file.  It was sent to me some time ago and is a pretty good idea.

If you have car keys with the electronic fob, you should place them on your nightstand when you go to bed.  In most cases, the panic button will activate the car's alarm from anywhere in the house.  If you hear and intruder in the night, you have an instant alarm at your finger tips.  Even if your car is in the garage, it should be loud enough to get some attention or scare off the intruder.  If it's on the street or in the driveway, the neighbors are sure to notice.

Carrying your keys in hand when walking to your car is another way to protect your self from a parking lot attack.  It's just making the alarm work for you for more than protecting your vehicle!

It can also be used if you've fallen and can't get up!

John <><

5 comments:

Sicilian said...

I think it is a really good idea to have your car keys by your bed . . . . our keys are right by the front door. . . . somehow that bugs me. . . . now if I can change that old habit you will know that you can teach an old dog new tricks.
Ciao

Amanda said...

I don't mean to sound so negative but the car alarms go off so often here that I wonder if people even hear them anymore.

I hope that people are still attentive where you live.

Mike said...

I'm one of those people that ALWAYS knows where his car keys are. They're in my pocket. Which means if I turn the wrong way while sitting, the alarm can suddenly go off. Since I never use the alarm for anything, I took the the button out.

fiona said...

It can also be used if you've fallen and can't get up!

God can hear car alarms?
Who knew?
:-)

Heidi said...

Great idea!! I never thought to do it and it would probably scare an intruder. Fortunatley I have a giant hound dog who helps out as well.