Friday, August 24, 2007

Untitled

As I was reading my favorite blogs the other day, I noticed that I had been dropped as a link on the Magic Utopia page. I guess that's okay because I haven't had a lot to say about magic lately. I have been looking at some different venues although I realize that the ministry aspect is really where I spend most of my magic work. I do know that I'll need to branch out a bit as I near the end of my ATC career--both for something to do as well as a supplemental income. For now, magic is not the center of my focus. In fact, I only really spend a lot of thought on it as I prepare for a coming event.

Besides, I am extremely honored by some of the blogs that have added a link to this page and I am enjoying reading their blogs and the pages that they read as well. Even though we have varied backgrounds and interests, people are people. We love our families and bragging on them from time to time. We love to laugh and realize that not everything is a laughing matter. We are curious about each other and about life in general.

So we read and we write. We use our imaginations. We entertain. We teach and we learn and we find out that though we may be worlds apart, we are more alike than we are different.

If you've come here looking for something about magic, I guess I owe you an apology. If you've come because you know me as an evangelist and have come here looking for more in the way of spiritual matters or theology, I suppose that I owe you an apology as well. What you will find when you read these posts will just be me, John. The posts will be as varied as my interests and weighted toward the things that I am most passionate about. I hope that you will visit often, laugh occasionally, and leave a comment when you feel inspired to do so.

In person, I'm trying to be a nicer John. You know, a bit more tolerant, a bit less negative, a bit more helpful. In short, I'm trying to be a bit more like Jesus. I've got to tell you, it's not easy. In fact, it's pretty hard. In some way, I hope that it will come through in these posts as well. If you ever want to know more about my motivation to follow the teachings of Jesus, e-mail me directly or better yet, give me a call. The information is on the right side of the page.

John

No comments: