Friday, October 09, 2026

Settling for less

I wonder ...

The highest court in the land is made up of just nine justices.
They were nominated by the President, confirmed by the Senate, and appointed -- not elected -- to the bench.
Nine.

In an entire nation, we have just nine Supreme Court Justices.

In my head, we should have nine people of impeccable character. If any doubts about character or integrity are encountered in the examination process, that should lead to an immediate disqualification. 
Impeccable character.

Of course, if character doesn't really matter anymore (and apparently it doesn't), then we can have justices that have dubious reputations or past issues. In a culture that seems to be okay with sexual assault and rape, it is okay to have justices, even presidents or other elected officials that have been credibly accused of, or even found guilty of, sexual misconduct.

Why do we tolerate such behavior from the people that are supposed to maintain order and justice for our national society?
Completely ignoring political ideologies, poor character is still poor character. 
Why doesn't that matter anymore?

I remember the outrage over Bill Clinton's affair. 
Today such a thing might not even make the news.
The current character of the men and women in charge of such things won't even allow for the court ordered Epstein files to be released, because protecting the pedophiles and their power is more important than justice for the victims.

Is our current SCOTUS and DOJ the best we can do?
Do we have to keep electing people of questionable character that in turn appoint people of questionable character?
Why are we willing to settle for such pieces of shit people to govern our states and country?

If you haven't noticed, I am frustrated by the injustices that are making the news.
I haven't even mentioned the war in Iran, the rising prices of everything, or the dumb shit that spews from our president's mouth on a regular basis. It will take some effort to maintain some self control and not continually post about the madness, but I am sure that I need the outlet so you will see some posts on occasion.
Feel free to scroll on or share as you see fit.

Personally, I am tired of settling for less in our elected officials and the people they appoint to serve us.

John

1 comment:

Bilbo said...

I hear you, Brother, and share your frustration. We can vent on our blogs and at the ballot box, to the extent that we have worthwhile candidate for whom to vote. I just keep hoping things will get better.