Thursday, September 26, 2024

Thursday in Kansas

I didn't bring my Chromebook with me this week so there isn't going to be a long, well thought out post today. I'm doing the thumb tappy thing on my phone this morning while Chris catches a few more zzzzzs.

You can't really get to Colorado Springs from southwest MO. You have to go to Kansas City or Wichita first, then you can get to CO Springs from there. We chose the southern route through Wichita and spent the afternoon driving through ... pretty much nothing. There were very few places to stop along the two lane highway and I was grateful for the hybrid truck and good gas mileage. We could've gone a little farther, but decided to stop in Wichita for the night after stopping here for dinner.

I think we'll continue on the country highway today and approach CO Springs from the south this trip. We'll pick up some snacks before we leave Wichita and we'll be fine. Plus we'll see parts of Kansas and Colorado that we haven't seen before.

Here's a simple trick to looking great:


Maybe that's what God was doing with Kansas. The grandeur of the mountains looks even better after driving through the simple plains of Kansas.

We are looking forward to seeing the kids and their pups this evening.

Happy Thursday!


John


No comments: