Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Books

What are your reading plans for 2024?
I ask that like I have a plan -- I don't.

I do plan to read. I'm guessing I'll end up reading 15 to 20 non-fiction books and another 20 to 30 fiction books. Although I'm not much of a philosopher, I do enjoy understanding the faith and philosophies of other belief systems and cultures. I'd gladly add your suggestions to my reading list as it is currently pretty light in the philosophy section.
I'm also up for suggestions on Christian theology and wouldn't mind a conversation partner or group while reading something.
I have several gardening, landscaping and homesteading books that I'll be reading in sections or looking for particular chapters and information as it applies to whatever situation I find myself in at the time. I'm not much of a carpenter, but I also have some woodworking material to help with potential projects around the yard.

On the fiction front, I have a pretty full line-up of titles in my Kindle queue. They range from fantasy with vampires, witches, and werewolves, to mystery, to action thrillers, and even include a couple of romance kind of novels.

I really didn't read as much in '23 as I expected. Hopefully I'll do better in '24.
If it's not something I read on my Kindle app, I don't use another app to track what I read. I may consider that, but I just don't care enough to make it a priority.

So -- What are you reading in 2024?

John

2 comments:

AR said...

Just finished The Storyteller and it was pretty good. Next up is Democracy Awakening. For viewing I highly suggest “The Fall of the House of Usher” on Netflix. If you like Poe, you’ll love it

Infidel753 said...

I do enjoy understanding the faith and philosophies of other belief systems and cultures

Have you considered Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler? That expresses the faith and philosophy of a belief system from another culture.

That belief system has even started making a comeback in our universities and streets since October 7, despite being thought nearly extinct for generations.