Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Going out

Wow!
It's been more than a week since I've posted here. I should write more often. There have been plenty of days that I've thought about writing, but just put it off. I need to be more disciplined about making myself write. It's pretty therapeutic. 

Last night we were out for a small birthday celebration for one of the guys at our church. He's a guy that volunteers A LOT! He's a pretty quiet and unassuming guy, but he's always available and willing to help and serve the community in any way that's needed. If you were to ask random people at The Venues about lay leaders, chances are that his name wouldn't come up. But in my own mind, he is the face of what The Venues is all about. If there was an award called "Mr. Venues," he'd win it - hands down!
I was glad that we were thought of and invited to this small birthday gathering.

Not only was it fun to celebrate our friend, but having dinner out with a small group was pretty enjoyable, as well. In fact, I mentioned to Chris that we could do that with a small group of people anytime, maybe on a monthly basis - different friends, different restaurants. 
Yeah, I know - it's weird for me to think of this, but here I am.

So how about indulging me and participating in an imaginary dinner party. You and your significant other or guest will have dinner with me and Chris and a couple of your choosing and one of my choosing. Last night we were at a quaint little neighborhood Italian place. It was pretty good, so let's do something like that - nothing fancy, small, quaint, ethnic. How about Greek? I'm going to invite AOC and her guest. I'd be interested in hearing her on a personal, conversational level. And as interesting as the political conversation might be, I'd also like to know her personal likes and dislikes - favorite foods, does she have pets, favorite music, movies, actors, etc. And I don't know why, but I think she'd be funny and have a great laugh, too.
Who would you invite? And why?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'd go out by myself. 😆