Sunday, August 23, 2020

It's Been A While ...

 It has been a while since I've posted on either of my blogs. This fine Sunday morning seems like a good day to address that. 

As far as not posting goes -- it's mostly because I've just been spending less time on the internet. This is the first time I've turned this tablet on in several days. I haven't even been keeping up with my reading. I do need to get back to reading.

Here are a few things that have been happening in the "It's been a while ..." category:

*The other night I set the telescope out and took a look at Saturn and its rings, as well as Jupiter and its four visible moons. I had forgotten how frustrating a small, cheap telescope can be and yet still be fun to look through. Maybe I'll upgrade at some point -- maybe not. I've had this old refractor for about 30 years.

*I've been writing a few letters. Maybe I'll continue. It's a little weird writing an actual letter, addressing an envelope, and sending it out via snail mail. We've certainly advanced far beyond that when it comes to timely communication.

*Yesterday I managed to fit into my old shorts -- some from my much thinner days. Honestly, they are still pretty snug, but I'm happy that I'm making that progress. I'm getting to the point that my current shorts are harder to keep up, even with a belt. It's weird that I only have shorts that fit me at the extremes -- fat and thin -- but none that fit well in the middle.

*I put some air into the bicycle tires this week and went out for a short ride. Sacrebleu! It takes a lot of energy to move this fat ass around on even the slightest of hills! I realize that I have a cheap bicycle, but I also know that I am poorly conditioned for riding right now. I'll have to work on that. Ugh!

*I had the privilege of delivering the message at barchurch at the end of July and will be back up for the beginning of September. I'm a bit surprised at how difficult it's been to find a rhythm for sermon preparation. I haven't really figured out why, but it's a little frustrating. Maybe it just isn't my role anymore, or it could just be that -- it's been a while.

Right now my stomach is telling me that it's been a while since I've eaten, so I'm going to see what we have for a healthy breakfast. Have a grand week!

John



1 comment:

Mike said...

"...because I've just been spending less time on the internet."
I need to do that too. But there is an urgency to keep people pumped up about getting rid of tRUMP. God help us if he wins again.