Monday, August 10, 2020

Monday Motivation -- a cry for help!

 Yeah, I could use some motivation.

I'm becoming increasingly comfortable in my quiet isolation. Part of me says it's unhealthy (from a social standpoint), but I'm not convinced that's true.

I fully recognize the privilege associated with sitting on my deck, smoking cigars, sipping bourbon, and reading a good book, but I also think maybe I should be making some contribution to society, standing up for the oppressed, or just being more productive. Most days I just don't feel like it. At some level, I've even convinced my self that staying away from people is a positive contribution to society. 

So...

How about a little motivation?

Post a motivating meme or favorite inspiring quote in the comments and see if you can get my butt off of the deck this week!

Good luck

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"staying away from people is a positive contribution to society."
I never thought about it like that. I need a nap to recover from that revelation.