Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Venturing out -- with caution

As a retired guy with a decent retirement and a home in a rural setting, I am very aware of the privileged life that allows me to stay home and away from people during this COVID pandemic. As the COVID numbers are climbing in Southwest MO, we continue to stay pretty isolated. I expected to be out doing a little more volunteer work, but the increasing numbers changed my mind. 

I have been to The Venues 425's barchurch the past two weeks. Everyone is both masked and spaced a part. I also helped moved some chairs at church last week, but we all wore masks while we were working.
I expect to take my rotation as volunteer chaplain next week. The hospital is small, doesn't have any COVID cases, screens all entrants, and everyone is masked.

Living in a rural area has its advantages, in spite of the fact that there are a large number of science denying, non mask wearing, self-righteous idiots. However, there continues to be increases in the larger population centers. Until the local population becomes more responsive to taking preventative measures on the spreading of this virus, we will continue in our relative isolation.

Stay safe.
Wear the damn mask.

John

3 comments:

Mike said...

Yes indeed. Wear the damn mask!

Sicilian said...

Do you remember me? I wrote the cookbook and mailed it to you. I am considering blogging again as I am extremely stressed here in Texas. I am still in healthcare 25 years and counting. Don't see patients, but am essential and going into the office everyday.
Self isolating, it's hitting the fan in Texas, and agree Wear a damn mask!
Ciao

John A Hill said...

Hello, my Sicilian friend!
I certainly do remember you. If you start blogging again, hit me up with a link.
Welcome back!