Friday, July 31, 2020

Energy Flow

I had forgotten how much preaching/teaching can drain me of energy. I know there are those that seem to be energized from it. I usually feel some physical as well as emotional fatigue when finished. It generally takes a little bit of time to get back to a normal level of energy.

The spiritual recharge from last night's message started pretty quickly. Even though there wasn't a large crowd at 425 last night, the heartfelt comments there and the comments made on the live feed were pretty cool. I also received a few texts or other messages expressing appreciation or sharing what the message meant to them. 
I spent the rest of the evening alone on the deck. I had a little snack, poured a little bourbon, fired up a Nicaraguan cigar, listened and watched the 425 video, and read through the comments and messages. 
And I slept well.

This morning I'm just thinking about how easily (knowingly or not) we can impact the lives of others. We don't realize how the simple act of not seeing people in need exacerbates their feelings of being invisible or unworthy of our attention. Condescending looks or unkind words can be the negative affirmation that further convinces them that they are worthless and unlovable.
On the opposite side is simple eye contact -- "I see you," a smile, a kind word that affirms and recognizes their humanity.

I have to admit that I miss the flow of energy that comes from touching -- a hug, a handshake, a pat on the shoulder. I sense that a lot of people do, especially when they are hurting and in need of the energy and power of love.

Share some good energy today.
Share some love.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Introverts drain easily and take a long time to recharge.