Saturday, October 28, 2017

Trick or Treat!

Happy Halloween!

It's that time of year when Christian churches across the US debate over whether or not to celebrate the holiday or how to counter the celebration of the holiday.
Many will have "Fall" celebrations or "Harvest" festivals. Both will look like Halloween parties with kids in costumes and lots of candy and treats to be given away.
I guess calling it by another name is supposed to make us feel a little better about ourselves as we can hold our self-righteous heads high and say that we don't celebrate Halloween.

There are others that just embrace the weekend and offer a safe place for parents and kids.
Tonight I'll be traveling to Northwest Arkansas to share a little Gospel magic at such an event.

I'm looking forward to this trip. As is usually the case, I'll spend many more hours traveling to and from the venue than I'll actually spend performing, but I get to share in ministry with some old friends.
The woman that called me is originally from a church in my local area. Many years ago, I was there for an event. When her family moved to a church in Mt. Home, AR, she called me and I went there for a few Easter celebrations. Now they are in Pea Ridge, AR and I get to minister with them once more.

Tuesday night (Halloween) I'll be at Hopedale doing the same thing.
If you're in the area for either event, stop in and say hi -- or Trick or Treat.

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

You should try and get a gig in Frankenstein, MO. I'd never heard of it until Bilbo reported on it the other day. It would look great on your resume.