Saturday, May 07, 2016

Random thoughts...

It's been a little while since I've written here.

Most days I get to this point and after pausing and thinking about writing for a short time, I move on to something else.

I have several ideas of things to write about but never feel like developing them into worthwhile posts. I thought that maybe I'd just spew a few things out and see what happens. Eventually, some of these things may work their way into full blown posts. Most of the time I just enjoy my solitude.

Part of me knows that there are good people around.
However, most of the time I seem to encounter people that are so consumed with their lives that they miss living. I don't know if that really makes any sense; it's just my way of thinking. It seems I'm better off just staying to myself. Truthfully, others are probably happy that I feel this way.

I had a recent conversation about how natural it is to be a jerk and how hard I have to work to be a nice guy. So far, I'd say that retirement suits me well.

On other subjects...

--I've come to the conclusion that I am not a gardener. I've had a spot for a garden; even have it pretty much ready to plant -- for a couple of YEARS -- and still no garden.
I like the thought of having a garden. I guess this is a case where it really ISN'T the thought that counts.
Since we have a long growing season, maybe I'll still get in a few things -- maybe not.

--What is the deal with all of the fear among conservative (politically)  Christians?
Why all the gloom and doom?
Has God become impotent?
The Bible says that we have been given a spirit of faith, not fear. Why are today's vocal Christians afraid of everything? Is our fear of -- Muslims, gays, guns, economy, Trump, Hillary, etc. -- greater than our faith in God?
Has fear (or spreading fear) become our idol?
Yeah, I probably need to work on a post (or sermon) on this...

--I'm glad I have a motorcycle. I really look forward to taking it out for a ride every day. There is truly something therapeutic about it. The weather is getting nice for riding all over the northern hemisphere and May is Motorcycle Awareness Month in the US.
Watch for us.
I promise, we are watching for you!

--I've had the pleasure of watching a friend grow in his faith, recently. It's pretty cool. I think that I have been a small part of it. No big deal really.
Simple conversations.
Simple actions.
Real life.
I should probably write about this, too.

--I've been reading again. It seemed to take a back burner position for the past couple of months. I'm not sure why. It just did. I probably need to do some purely entertainment kind of reading. Most of my reading is more informative, educational kind of stuff. It has been quite some time since I've read a good novel.

Just some random thoughts.

Have a great weekend.
Call your mom!

John <><


2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Good thoughts. Now that you have retired, the list of 'got tos' has shrunk. Enjoy!

Mike said...

I too am not a gardener.