Friday, December 11, 2015

My Declaration of Positivity!

Today feels more like a mid-March day at the end of winter than a mid-December day at the end of fall.  It is 70 degrees in the Ozarks of Southwest Missouri, unseasonably warm, indeed!

I celebrated the day by taking another December ride on the motorcycle and am currently adulting on the deck with chicken on the grill and a Dominican cigar to calm the soul.

The sun is slowly setting behind a bank of clouds and rain is in the forecast for tomorrow. It's too bad that it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I need to make the trip into Springfield tomorrow for our December writers' club meeting and the Honda would be nice since we are temporarily short a car.
No worries, though. Life is good and only having one car and a motorcycle definitely falls into the category of first world problems.

Speaking of first world problems --
I'm going to say that I'm probably not the only one that currently zips through the social media news feeds, overlooking all of the garbage posts. I have tried not to be one of the people that determines to unfriend anybody with opposing points of view. I do tend to unfollow a number of connections if they constantly seem to post negative crap about others. I think we can get our point across of what we support or oppose without resorting to calling names and re-posting others negative and often untrue posts.

Yes, I realize that I have been guilty of that, as well.

I'm going to try to continue to curtail that kind of thing on my posts and would encourage others to that. too. There is more than enough negative stuff floating around cyber space without my adding to it.
I am going to begin a 30 day quest to flood the internet with good, positive thoughts and posts. Don't worry, you'll still get to see my food and sports posts (some of which may be quite negative: Can you believe the Cardinal's let J Heyward go to the Cubs!), but I'll also be adding notes of thanksgiving and encouragement.

I'll also be looking for just good news kinds of posts and I will be happy to share yours if they end up on one of my social media feeds.

Since posting news stories that deal with politics, religion and social issues rarely change anybody's mind, I'll try to refrain from those on my feed. If I mess up and let something slip by, feel free to call me out on it.
I do realize that life happens and not everything is sweet and pretty. Some of life is just plain ugly and those things (realist that I am) may find their way to my blog or news feed. I'll try to keep it to a minimum. I'll also give you the freedom to post what you like without the apparently required judgment and offense on my part. I'll just move along as I have been trying to do.

Let me end this Declaration of Positivity (Is that even a real word?) by telling you that...

God loves you.
And Jesus died for you!

Be well.
Be encouraged.
Be positive!

John <><

No comments: