Saturday, December 12, 2015

Christmas Writing; Christmas Reading

Today was our December meeting of the Ozarks Chapter of American Christian Writers (OCACW). Our December meeting takes on a different format than our other monthly meetings and we set aside time to read different writings about Christmas, winter or the holiday season.

Some members shared from things they had written in the past, most wrote something just for this meeting. As our group has grown, it is interesting to hear the different styles of writing of our many members. I decided not to write for today's meeting so that others would have the chance to share their stories.

All of those that shared did a very good job!

I did notice that more of the readings this year stayed pretty focused on the story of Christmas. In previous years, there has been more variations for winter stories, family Christmases and holiday celebrations. Today there were more readings that dealt with some aspect of the biblical Christmas story. It was a good meeting.

I'll get around to writing more about Christmas in the coming days. It is less than two weeks away!
I haven't really done much to get into the spirit of the season just yet, but I'm getting there. We'll be going to Chris' work Christmas party later today and decorating the house for Christmas tomorrow.

Maybe that will help.
Maybe not.

I never thought I'd be a bah-humbug kind of guy so I'd better snap out of it and start spreading the Christmas cheer!

Merry Christmas!

(how was that?)
John <><

No comments: