Monday, April 13, 2015

Post Revival Report

It is good to be back at home!

Although 60 and breezy is a little cool for morning coffee on the deck, none-the-less I am sitting on the deck with laptop and coffee enjoying my Monday morning.

My trip to northern Missouri was a good one.

Breckenridge MO is a small rural town about 15 miles west of Chillicothe MO and may not appear on some maps. The sign entering the town says it has a population of 454. The entire school, K-12, showed up for the afternoon assembly -- all 55 students!

Several of them made it to the church on Friday night for the first of our revival services. SIX of them made professions of faith in Jesus and a couple of them are scheduling times to be baptized at the church! It was a pretty powerful evening.

Saturday also had a good turnout but the focus was more for the born-again believers to be about the task of telling their stories and sharing the message of "God loves you" and "Jesus died for you."

It was a bit of an oddity that the Sunday morning service was actually the smallest service in number of attendees. It was still a great weekend. We finished it up with lunch at the church and then I hit the road.

During the weekend, I discovered that I shared a few things in common with Pastor Tom. He is a bit of a coffee snob, likes baseball (although he roots for the other Missouri team) and is a lover of peanut butter! Before leaving, I was presented with a large jar of my favorite peanut butter (Smucker's All Natural, creamy) to take with me!

As is typical of my meetings, I challenged the members of the Breckenridge Baptist church to find somebody that needs to know about Jesus and tell them that God loves them and Jesus died for them.
If you are a believer, then I would offer the same challenge to you.

Sometime this week, talk to somebody that is lost and in need of a Savior and simply tell them, "God loves you," and "Jesus died for you."

It's simple and it's true.

John <><

1 comment:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I'm so glad the revival went well. And you even got your Smuckers treat. Blessings, John!