Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Judged...for not judging!

Yeah, that happens.

This time it wasn't me. It was a friend.

So Christian friends, how are we to reach out to the dreaded scourge of society (you know... (whisper font) the gays) if we don't associate with them or build meaningful relationships?

Maybe it's just more sporting to judge them, condemn them and condemn the brothers and sisters that are not doing the same. I don't know if it makes me sad or mad to hear such stories. I don't know if I get more aggravated with the condemning of those with different lifestyles or with the judging of others for not condemning them.

Sometimes I just get fed up with religious people.  I know, I know, I'm supposed to be one of them, right? It just that I have a hard time putting Jesus in the modern day hater role.

Maybe it's because I can relate to the "sinner" better than to the saint. On the holiness scale, I fall pretty much at the low end. As much as I would love to make the claim of being Christ-like, I'm really not. In fact, Jesus follower is a better description of me than Christian if one assumes that a Christian is a Christ-like or a little Christ.

I'm really just struggling with the masses.

To be clear, I am trusting in Jesus, and Jesus only for eternal salvation. I know that there is nothing in this wretched being worthy of heaven and can't imagine why God would love me so--but I believe He does.

And He also loves those that we love to judge for Him. He hasn't called on us to judge them. He has called on us to love them and to tell them of His great love for them.

If you are in the midst of the battle; if you are loving those that need to be loved and being judged for it-- I want to encourage you. Keep on doing what you are doing. Show them the love of Jesus. Be His voice. Be His representative. Tell them the truth...
God loves them.
Jesus died for them.

John <><

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

You offer wise counsel, John.

John A Hill said...

Thanks, Angel.

Fran said...

This could be one of my favorite all time posts of yours! Some time ago a very good friend of mine told me her son was gay...all I could think was..I know this person..I love this person. He is the same person now that he always was. I know God loves him as much as my straight son. We all have our failings...me...I have many. There really is not enough time to spend it in judgement of others. I have so much junk in my own life to work on. Good words...wisdom you spoke!