Sunday, September 23, 2012

Well Rested ... NOT

It's Sunday morning and I'm up and showered, had a cup of coffee and working on a second one. Chris is still sleeping so I'm keeping it quiet in the hotel room of the Stonecrest Motel in Piedmont MO.

It's not often that I spend the night before preaching going over the sermon in my head, but for some reason this was one of those rare occasions. I'm sure that I managed a complete sleep cycle (or maybe two) during the night so I'll be fine this morning. An equally rare Sunday afternoon nap may find its way into my immediate future.

This morning's message will focus on two things; briefly on 1 Peter 3:15-16 and then more closely on Matthew 16:13-16

The questions that Jesus posed to his followers are still valid today. Who do people say that Jesus is? and Who do you believe He is?

I knew that I had posted in the past a post titled Please Accept My Apology. I didn't realize that it was over FOUR YEARS ago! I don't know if I've actually made any of those future posts that were promised, but I have incorporated apologetics into my messages over the past four years.

In a world where presidents are condemned for apologies that they didn't make and where we are taught that an apology is a  sign of weakness, the Bible calls on us to be apologetic about our beliefs--to give a defense of why we believe what we believe. The challenge this morning is to encourage believers to follow the teaching of the Word, rather than the teaching of the world.

John <><

3 comments:

Mike said...

We all know you were in Piedmont looking for flying saucers.

Big Sky Heidi said...

A sincere apology takes a big person to make it.

Ada Brownell, author said...

John,
I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. See the story at http://www.inkfromanearthenvessel.blogspot.com