Saturday, May 15, 2010

Marking Time

It's overcast and damp in the Ozarks on this Saturday morning. My high school graduate arrived home from the all-night graduation party at the Ozarks Community Center a short time ago and headed straight to bed. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee (actually starting on my second) and reading my daily blogs before getting started on what will prove to be a busy weekend.

Some time during the coming week, I'm going to have to work on scanning a few pictures into the computer--pics of the kids when they were little. I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out what happened to the eighteen years from when Hannah was just a baby to the day of her high school graduation or from teaching Aaron to ride a bike to officiating his wedding in a few weeks. It's not a matter of feeling old or anything like that, it's just ... has it really been that many years?

I know that they say that "time flies when you're having fun" and I know that being a dad is a blast, but ... really? Can it be that my babies are now a young man and a young woman? It just boggles my mind.

I'll work on those pics later this week, for now I've got plenty to do--too much to be spending time on the blog.

Have a great weekend!

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

Amanda would have a hard time beleiving how time flies right now.

Wv: atest - This is

Sicilian said...

I would have to say that I love having adult children. . . . I love that they now choose to spend time with me . . . . I don't think it gets better than that.
Enjoy!
Ciao