Friday, August 14, 2009

Eating Crow

It occurs to me that I have been pretty harsh on some people. In particular the sender of the e-mail that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. To be fair, I need to say that I just sent a note of apology. I took on the very role that I was offended by and realized that I needed to reconcile the situation.

My bad.

Here's my note:

As I have reread my response to your last e-mail, I realize that it was extremely harsh. In fact, it took on the very tone that would offend me if I had been the one receiving it. I hope that you will accept that I have allowed your particular letter to be the point at which I decided that enough was enough. By itself (and it should have been received that way), it was nothing to get upset about. Unfortunately, I was letting other incidents amplify this one and that was very wrong of me.

Please accept my sincere apology. I really do believe that we need to find common ground with others that we might share the Gospel of Salvation. It is a shame that we often lose sight of our mission as Christians and focus on our rights as Americans. As Americans we enjoy freedom of speech. But the Bible cautions us that with the tongue we can hurt and destroy others. I suppose that the same goes for the pen--or electronic equivalent.


John<><

1 comment:

Mike said...

My post 877, 10th quote, but also 11th quote.