Saturday, November 03, 2007

Fall Back

I hope that everybody gets the opportunity to enjoy the extra hour provided by our annual change from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time. I know that there is all kinds of documentation to show actual energy use and savings by being on DST and that the dark months of winter have the least amount of savings, but it still seems silly to change back and forth.

Here is a site with a little history, a little documentation and some little known facts.

I, for one, plan on an extra hour of sleep. God knows I can use it. Hopefully the internal body clock won't mess up my intentions by popping the ol' peepers open an hour or so before the alarm gives me the official "time to get up" signal.

Enjoy the waning moments of DST. Beginning tomorrow, the sun sets early in the evening.

John

No comments: