Thursday, September 27, 2007

Good Night

Oh my! It has been a week since my last post. My apologies to the faithful few that read these ramblings. It has been a fun and a busy week. I managed to take in the last home game of the 2007 season in St. Louis with Aaron. It was a bit more complicated that originally planned.

Aaron drove to St. Louis on Friday and then caught the Amtrak to Chicago to visit Jenny and check out her school (IIT). His return to St. Louis was for around 12:30 Sunday since the original game time was 1 pm. The start was moved to Sunday night since ESPN thought that the Cards might still be in the race and choose this for their Sunday night game.

I worked the Sunday morning mid for a friend, got off at 6 am, slept a couple of hours and then drove to meet Aaron about 1 o'clock in St. Louis. We made the trip to Ted Drewe's and then back to the ballpark to kill the afternoon and wait for our friends to arrive and the gates to open. When the gates opened at 5:10, the boys (Aaron and Ryan) went to Aaron's usual spot down the right field line to watch batting practice. Aaron got his sixth bp ball in four games.
John and I watched the boys for a while, then made our way to our seats and waited for the boys to join us. The Cards managed a great bottom of the ninth comeback to close out the 2007 home season.

By the time we hit White Castle in Wentzville MO, it was well past 11 o'clock. I followed Aaron back to Columbia College and used the showers in his dorm. At 1:30, I was back on the road towards Kansas City for a 7:30 am retirement seminar. I stopped along the way and grabbed a couple of hours sleep at a rest area and arrived at the hotel meeting room at around 7. I managed the morning session just fine. The afternoon session was a bit harder to keep focused. A full tummy and no sleep was taking it's toll. We ended at 3:30 and I followed fellow controller, PC, to LC's Barbecue. Good eats!

By the time we cleared the KC evening traffic and were on our way home, I stopped for gas and decided that a short power nap was in order. Thirty minutes later I was back on the road for the 3 hour drive and arrived in Ozark around 9 pm. It was only Monday night even though it seemed like I'd been gone several days. It was hard to believe that only 36 hours had passed since I left home on Sunday morning. As you can imagine, I slept long and hard on Monday night--10 pm to 10 am, with only a couple of brief interruptions!

Then, checking blogs, I found this post. Yikes! I guess I'd better start paying more attention to my sleep habits (or lack of them).


1 comment:

Random Magus said...

I have the worst sleeping habits. Have been an insomniac ever since I can remembet :(