Saturday, September 05, 2026

Happy Anniversary!

September 5th, 1981 seems to have been a good day to get married! 
Aside from our (mine and Chris's) wedding on this date 45 years ago, retired air traffic controllers Jerry (and wife Bea) and Elaine (wife Theresa) were also married and are celebrating 45 years today!

My sister Mary (also married to a Chris) and cousin Linda (husband Sunil) also have September 5th anniversaries, but have a ways to go before reaching 45 years.

Happy Anniversary to all of us and may we enjoy the holiday weekend!

Chris and I went out for seafood last night to celebrate a day early. Chris will be leaving for NYC early tomorrow morning to go to see Harry Styles at Madison Square Gardens next week. Forty-five years of experience tells us that she will enjoy the concert more with a friend than with me. I will journey to Louisville next week to meet with our son Aaron and daughter's boyfriend Jason for a couple of distillery tours and a AAA baseball game -- something Chris would not enjoy as much.
I'm sure that a good time will be had by all!
Some things you do together. Others you do apart. Just one of the many things we've learned in 45 years.

It is such a wonderful life that I have that it's hard to believe it's just another day in the life of...

John

1 comment:

Kevin Gilmore said...

Happiest of anniversaries to you both, John!