Saturday, June 22, 2024

A Beautiful Day in the Ozarks

It looks like it is going to be another beautiful day in the Ozarks -- sunny and 90f (32c)!
My plan is to get in a couple of hours working in the yard this morning and then settle in to watch the UFC fights this afternoon. The fights this weekend are in Saudi Arabia so they begin at 11 this morning in the Midwest. I'll probably skip the early prelims and work until around noon. Then I'll grab something to eat and enjoy a cigar and drink while watching the main card.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I am pretty excited about the new flowers that are growing and can't wait for them to start blooming. I have some overcrowded irises in one bed that need to be thinned or moved. I haven't decided what I plan to do with them. I will probably move them all and give them some more room, but I really don't know where to put them. I lack the creative ability to just see them and the yard and know where they'll fit in.
I'll eventually figure something out for them.

No worries for today.
I grilled pork chops and spicy brats yesterday, so we have meat already cooked for today and tomorrow. Even dinner will be easy tonight. There is enough of Chris's cheesy potato bake left so all we need to do is add a salad or veggie.

It's not an exciting life and it isn't very glamorous, but I'm not that guy anyway. In my simple world -- it's a good day to be John Hill.

John

No comments: