Monday, December 04, 2023

Monday Meditation: Making a List

I've been thinking...
I'm not much of a list maker and I generally do not need to plan things out in the detailed way of those that are list makers. Maybe I would benefit from being a bit more like the kind of person that begins each day with a list that says -- 1) Make a list.
To Do lists create a lot of pressure and stress. Most of us have enough stress without the self-imposed kind from making lists.

But what about a To Don't list?
Would (or could) a To Don't list help relieve some of the stresses and stressors we deal with each day?
What would go on your To Don't list?

Maybe something like -- Don't read the comments.
I know that the comments to some posts can be truly entertaining, but they can often stir up some angry reactions. Mostly I don't care what people that I don't know think about any given subject and arguing over social media is just a waste of time and energy.

I need something more like -- Don't spend more than x amount of time on Facebook or other social media.
Or -- Don't get caught in a time drain of watching reels and short videos.
Don't be impatient would be good.

Can Make a To Don't list be an item on your To Do list?

What don't you want to do today?
Hmmm...
Now that's something to think about.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"To-do lists create a lot of pressure and stress."
They should but they don't for me. I make a list and then think, later. I've got the stuff on the list so I won't forget but I can start later. I've got a list from when we moved into our house 47 years ago and all the stuff isn't done.