Friday, September 01, 2023

It's Just September -- step away from the pumpkin spice!

Okay.
Pumpkin spice is fine if that's your thing. 

I will admit that I am enjoying the cooler nights that we've had these last several days, but we're back to daytime temps in the mid to upper 80s for the next week or so. That's fine with me. I plan on continuing to work in the yard as September is an ideal time for planting to allow plants to establish a good root system prior to winter. We generally have a long fall season and roots will continue to grow even after the foliage has stopped or dropped. Continued watering to what appears to be a dead or dormant plant is important for new stuff.

This is the rose bush that I thought didn't survive last winter and I mowed it down. Apparently it was just late getting started this year as I started to see some new growth on it in mid July. I dug it up and potted it so that I could take better care of it and will need to find a place to replant it in the coming days.


I have several other plants that I am caring for in pots and may winter them that way. I really need to build or buy a greenhouse. All of our deck succulents come in for the winter, too. 

In other September stuff --
Over the past two days, I've posted about some September fitness/weight goals over on my other blog, Healthy Living (by an unhealthy guy). This healthy living stuff is going to cut into my sitting and doing nothing time. Hopefully, the pay off will be a longer (and healthier) life to sit and do nothing later.

Time to walk.

John

No comments: