Thursday, June 30, 2022

2022 1/2

The first half of the year comes to an end and the second half begins in the morning. If you thought 2022 was going to be a great improvement over last year you have probably been disappointed so far.

In an attempt to raise your expectations for the second half of the year I offer the following:

We've eaten salad and radishes from our garden and there is more produce to come.
The flowers are blooming in some of the beds and the front of the house looks pretty dang good!
I went to a local bike night tonight for the first time in two years.
It's been nearly two weeks since I've said or written something that's gotten me into trouble.

Maybe we are turning the corner!

For the second half of 2022 I am going to try to be kind. More importantly, I'm going to try not to be unkind. Sometimes we are just careless and that carelessness or apathy can be perceived as unkind. I'm going to work on doing less of that.

I'm going to write more.
I don't know if that means I'll publish more here. It means I want to write more. I kind of enjoyed my little Genesis piece. I haven't written more of that as I've been reading, but I think I will. 

There is always the exercise thing.
Damn, I really need that.
I am going to get the kayak out next week and try to make it a point to spend a day per week on the water somewhere along with something more regular like daily walking or something. 

Those are pretty simple plans for the second half of the year (except for the exercise thing). 
I'll continue reading daily and will keep up with the daily mindfulness practices of enjoying nature, simple meditation, and regular contemplation.

What are your personal plans for 2022 1/2 and beyond?
Anything>

John

No comments: