Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Wordle

Wordle
I wasn't going to play it.
I had just deleted a game that was sucking away too much of my time and didn't want to start another one.
Then I found out it was just one puzzle per day, so -- why not?
It's probably bad that since I'm generally up at midnight anyway, I usually do the day's puzzle before I go to bed. Then I have to wait until midnight for the next day's puzzle.

It is a simple (simple rules, not necessarily simple to solve) word puzzle.
Figure out the day's five letter word. Guess a word. You will be told if you have the correct letters and if they are in the correct place (yellow if the letter is in the word, green if it's in the correct position). Based on that information, try again. You get six chances.
There isn't an app. You have to go to the website. Enjoy.

I ran across this article on playing the game. In the article is a link to this playable archive of all the previous puzzles. It is nice to be able to play more than one puzzle per day, but I have to be careful not to allow it to be the time suck that I was trying to avoid.
It will make you think.

John

2 comments:

Kevin Gilmore said...

I enjoy beginning my day with the Wordle puzzle and then Heather Cox Richardson's update. Routines are nice. It's a fun word game. There's also a copycat version for android phone users that also offers a one-a-day puzzle to play in the same format.

Mike said...

I play it on my PC. I need all the other sites up to help me.