Sunday, August 01, 2021

August

It is August.
Here in the Ozarks, we are going to get a short break from the 90+ (32c) temperatures with the next few days topping out in the low to mid 80s. Tomorrow will be a good day to mow.

In other news--

I've hit a new high on the weight. Ugh!
It is way past time to flip that mental switch and get serious about shedding this excess body weight. I've definitely added my COVID 19 (pounds) over the past year and a half. I'll be posting about this over at my seldom used Healthy Living (by an unhealthy guy) blog.

I recently wrote about writing. 
Last month I reviewed the three different pieces that I have written first chapters. I can still see working on two of them. One is fiction. One is not. The third is one that I doubt I would find motivation to pursue any more. An author I follow on Twitter offered some writing encouragement. Maybe I'll start (or re-start) working on that this month.
Personally, I wonder if I have the self-discipline to actually write a book. I barely have the discipline to blog regularly.

In any case, summer is barely half over and I'm already hearing and seeing crap about pumpkin spiced stuff and fall garbage. Relax, people! It is not yet time to be putting up fall decorations. Even Labor Day is too early for that.
Enjoy each remaining summer day (there are still 51 of them); everything in its proper season.

John
 


No comments: