Saturday, March 06, 2021

It's the Weekend!

Happy Saturday, my friends!
The weekend weather forecast for SWMO is looking like spring is on the way. I hope to finish building flower beds and raised garden beds. The digging in and leveling the beds will take some work and will probably go into next week.

This past week has kinda sucked on the Lenten resolve. I'm not sure why -- I just didn't have the same motivation. I am looking forward to getting back to it this week. I'm working on those cards and notes of encouragement. I've got several written that I need to get into the mail. They aren't offering much encouragement in my backpack.

Even in the midst of hope from falling case numbers and more people getting vaccinated, there are still stories of despair. I'm a bit surprised at the number of people that are really depressed and isolated due to pandemic restrictions. It's sometimes difficult to empathize when the isolation hasn't bothered me.
Perhaps the most difficult thing is seeing others having to go through difficult times alone.

There are many senior citizens that rely on people to help them, but now are on their own. Even kids and grandkids are avoiding them to protect them from exposure to the coronavirus. 
Many hospitals and healthcare facilities still have protocols in place so that patients have to face surgeries and recovery alone. In the times when we are used to drawing on the presence and strength of others, we are stuck with our own thoughts and fears.

I hope that you will take some time to offer someone some encouragement this week. It will be good for both of you!

In good news -- Chris got her 1st COVID vaccination shot this week. It's weird how exciting getting a vaccination has turned out to be.

Be well,
John 

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm taking my MIL to get her second shot in... 5 minutes. Claudia and I get our 2nd next Thursday.