Friday, February 22, 2019

F-f-f ... Facebook Fasting Fail

It's a day short of a week and I've done pretty well at avoiding Facebook. I said that I'd keep my linked posts from my blog and Instagram, and I said that I'd check daily for comments. I found myself scrolling through my news feed and seeing some posts that were informative for me ... my church site, some motorcycle forums and cigar forums, and some family and friend posts.

I stopped following several news feeds and picked them up on Twitter. And I don't think I've made any responses via comment and only a few reactions or likes. I can live with that -- for now. I'll probably continue with relatively few posts and limited or no comments. I'll just be a Facebook lurker.

     * * * * *

I have been spending a little more time with some people interaction. They've pretty much been from church (something with church peeps every day but Tuesday this week), but they are people interactions, nevertheless. I've actually talked to someone other than Chris every day this week! That's quite an accomplishment for a guy that's pretty comfortable being alone all of the time.

One fail, one bit of progress for the week.
Balance.
I'll take it!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

Balance is good.