Friday, December 23, 2016

Job Hunting...

I did something this week that I never really expected to be doing at this stage in life...
I filled out and submitted an application for a job!

I don't think they'll hire me. Most people don't want to hire somebody that doesn't really need a job and they have no power over. Besides, I don't really want a full time position and that is what they are apparently wanting. My three or four days per week and no weekends didn't seem to impress the interviewer very much.

But when I saw the Facebook post that the Indian Motorcycle dealership in Ozark was looking to hire salespeople I figured -- why not? The question that I didn't ask in the interview is "What kind of employee discounts are available?"

I'm not sure if riding my cycle to the interview scored any points or not. It was 33f degrees (.5c) out but getting warmer. Maybe they just figured I'm a little too crazy.

In any case, this is the beauty on my wish list.


I'll add black leather saddlebags and a luggage rack.
She is a beauty, isn't she?
But apparently, I'll have to pay the price everybody else pays when the time comes. Which is okay. I'm not too excited about having to set an alarm again -- even if it is only a few days per week!

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

After a year of retirement I went back to work as a contractor. (at three times my previous salary) It lasted a year. When they said we don't need you anymore I was like, whatever.

But "What kind of employee discounts are available?" is an incentive. Negotiate them down to two afternoons a week.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Best wishes with this return to employment, John. I hope it comes up aces for you!