Monday, March 31, 2014

...Out like a lamb.

March comes to an end.
Baseball begins.
Life is good.

It's obvious to those that have followed Out of My Hat for any length of time that I have have been pretty lazy when it comes to posting this year. Sorry about that.
Truthfully, I've also spent less time reading blogs. My reading has been limited to just a handful of the blogs that I've been reading over the years.

I've actually been reading...books.
Not as often as I would like to, but more than I have done recently.
I've also been spending some of my "online time" offline and am getting some daily exercise. The exercise varies. Some days it's cycling on an indoor bike (I'm looking forward to spring weather and an outdoor bike). Other days it's a Nordic Track cross country ski machine (yes, we still have one of those!) or a short run. On most days it's walking 45 minutes to an hour.

I'm hoping that my indoor exercise time will combine nicely with my baseball watching time. I also plan on less time following baseball this season.

I know! That doesn't sound like the John you're used to. But it's true.
I do plan to keep things more in perspective this season. Let's face it, though baseball is fun to follow, the outcome of the season (much less, each game) has little impact on life in general for most of us. It does nothing to improve ones intellect or health. It is nothing more than a time consuming form of entertainment for most people. Maybe walking while listening to a broadcast or just checking the scores and stats after each game will serve me well most of the time. We will see as the season rolls on. Overcoming this addiction will not be an easy task.

One quarter of 2014 is history.

Be well.
John <><

No comments: