Monday, February 17, 2014

Miscellaneous Monday

One of the grand things about an air traffic controller's schedule is that my Monday doesn't start until 3 in the afternoon. It makes coming off of the weekend and transitioning to the work week a little bit easier.

I've been spending a little less time on the internet (both via computer and cell phone) lately. About the only negative that I find is that I'm writing less and even reading fewer of the blogs that I follow. The internet can really turn into a time sucking device if you're not carefully managing it.

I have picked up a couple of new apps for my phone to help with fitness and weight-loss. To be fair, they mostly help me keep track of what I'm doing and don't really add a lot to my programs, but it is fun to have something to look at when it comes to checking your progress.

Noom has several apps. I'm using the pedometer and weight-loss coach. If you've been using them (or something similar), I'd like to hear about it. I've only been using mine for about 3 days and I'm enjoying it. I got the links from my Run Keeper app. Both have features that allow you to share with friends. I have a few "friends" on my Run Keeper app that are no longer using it or have stopped working out and know of a few that use the app but don't use the social features. The biggest thing for me is they help keep me accountable to me. If I can see what I'm doing (or not doing), I'm more likely to stay on track.

As a matter of fact, since it's a nice morning out, I'll think I'll get my daily walk out of the way now.

Have a great Monday and a grand and glorious week!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

Freezing rain here until mid afternoon.