Saturday, January 02, 2010

A Fresh Cup of Coffee

One of the many simple things that I enjoy is a good cup of coffee. Last year, Aaron's girlfriend bought me a french press for Christmas. I like the coffee brewed in the press but rarely have the course ground coffee to use in it. I generally have my coffee ground for espresso and that's too fine for the press. It works for the drip coffee maker, I just use a little less than I would a medium grind.

This Christmas, Aaron bought me a coffee grinder. It seem strange that somebody that really enjoys coffee like I do didn't have a grinder already. It's just one of those things that I never went out to buy for myself.

So today I went to Starbucks and bought my favorite beans (gift card from Hannah), ground them coarse in my new grinder (gift from Aaron), and brewed them in the French press (gift from Jenny). Mmm, mmmm. A little late in the day for my first cup of coffee, but worth the wait.

By the way, I started the day at the Red Cross donating a double unit of platelets. There is always a need for blood products. Once again I would like to encourage you to become a donor. It doesn't take much time and it is a simple way to give a gift that really will make a difference in somebody's life. I brought my HP Mini with me and listened to an Alister Begg sermon that I had downloaded and took care of my daily Bible reading.

You may have noticed that yesterday's post included a tag on for anybody that would like to read through the New Testament in a year. I'll try to keep you current, but doubt that I'll post every day. If I miss a day, just read the next chapter or so and I'll post again soon. There's some good stuff in there!

John <><

New Testament reading for Jan 2 -- Matthew 2, The visit of the Magi and escape to Egypt.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I had a less than pleasant experience the last time I donated blood. I think they put all the rookies on that crew because after 4 of them sticking me over and over they almost gave up. And I don't have arteries that are hard to find.

I've put off going back but got my notice card for the 12th of this month and when I go I'm going to tell them they have one shot at it.

Sicilian said...

Seems like the coffee had an extra dose of love in it.
Ciao