Monday, July 16, 2007

New Ventures

I’m gearing up for some new ventures in magic performance. Strolling magic in an outdoor environment is something that I’ve never done before. I have done some walk-around at a trade show, but that was indoors and there were tables available.

I’m not planning on utilizing a whole bunch of effects. I really would rather use a few effects, done well—and keep moving. Part of the strolling event is to invite the community to the evening revival that is being held at Camden Point Baptist Church. I’m excited about the opportunity and looking forward do doing some more of this type of performing. I have a second (potential) event in October as well as looking to do some local stuff during the holidays.

Since this first event is a learning event, I’m planning of a few extra effects to see about practicality and audience response. It’s the end of July and I’m expecting it to be hot. I haven’t really decided about dress yet, but I have to consider that I really sweat. Might have to bring a change of clothes along!

John

No comments: