Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Coming Events

Well it has been a busy couple of weeks since my last post. Most of it has just been with things around the house. October is shaping up to be another busy month. I haven't done much writing because of preparing for our fall revival at Hopedale Baptist Church. I also had a Sunday morning sermon for the last Sunday in September.

For those of you that are in the area, I wanted to give you a preview of what you can expect to hear at the revival. It is my hope and prayer that you will want to come and perhaps bring a friend. On Thurday evening, we will be looking at getting back to the basics of Christianity. I want us to remember that Jesus is the author of our faith and we need to study what He taught us in the gospels.

Friday night we'll look at how we identify ourselves with Jesus; how others identify us; and how Jesus identifies with us. I'm really looking forward to this message and have done a little extra research for the power point presentation to go with it. It will be a message that will challenge you in your daily life. I'm also looking forward to closing with an excerpt from Dr. Joseph Ransom's new book; The Healing City: a Cowboy Christmas Story.

I'm still working on Saturday evening's message. I've talked to our A-V man, Dan Kennedy about using the big screens to show a quick magic effect to illustate a point. It's more of a close up effect and would need to use the added visual to make it effective in the sanctuary.

In addition to the regular meeting times (7pm nightly) I'll be meeting with the senior adults Thurday evening, the children on Friday evening, and the youth on Saturday evening. Right now I'm considering publishing the message texts after the revival is over. I haven't decided about that just yet. If you have a thought on whether or not I should publish the texts, feel free to comment.

All in all, I'd have to say that I am looking forward to this revival more than any other that I've been asked to preach. I know that Pastor Terry carefully guards his pulpit (as he should) and it is a great honor to be able to speak at my own church. If you are reading as a member of Hopedale, pray for our church that this will be a life changing experience for us. There is so much work to be done and I know that it is God's desire that we be a part of it in a great way. If you are reading as a friend, coworker, or just stopped by while browsing blogs, I want to invite you to join us Oct. 19-22 at Hopedale Baptist Church in Ozark, MO. I have it on good authority that the Spirit of the Living God will be present. Don't miss it!

John

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
Jesus of Nazareth

1 comment:

Magic Utopia said...

Hello, John.

Can you, if you get a chance, tell us about the piece of magic you will/ already have performed for your church group along with its message?

Thanks,
Magic Utopia

http://magicutopia.blogspot.com/