Friday, December 03, 2021

Books

I just finished reading Daylight by David Baldacci. It turns out that this is book three in a series. It was good enough that I should probably look for books one and two when I take it back to the library. 

It was good as a stand alone read as far as not needing the prequels to understand what's happening, but it definitely leaves you kind of hanging at the end and knowing there must be another book in the series. As a matter of fact, it was that unresolved ending that led me to investigate into whether or not it was a series. 

Long Road to Mercy and Minute to Midnight are books one and two. Book four is Mercy.
Mercy is the name of FBI Special Agent Atlee Pine's twin sister that she hasn't seen since they were six. In Daylight, Agent Pine is taking leave from her duties in the FBI to track down some of the clues she's discovered in her search for the truth about what happened that night when she was nearly killed and her sister disappeared. I'm a little more interested in moving on to book 4 than I am in reading the back story to what I already know. I guess I'll see what's available at the library when I return home next week.

For now I'm on to a new fiction series, The Humanity Series by Seth Rain. It's a 5 book dystopian series that was stored on my Kindle app and seems like a good way to spend time by the pool on on the beach.
My current non-fiction reads are Until the End of Time by Brian Green and The Abs Diet by David Zinczenko. 
Until the End of Time is a lot of science for me and I'm pretty much reading it in small bits. It's subtitle is Mind, Matter and Our Search for Meaning in an Evolving Universe. Reading it in chapters or even in smaller parts of chapters works well for my uneducated brain. I can only absorb so much at a time. 
The Abs Diet is a re-read that helped me in the past and will hopefully help me again as I work toward better physical health as we head into 2022.

What are you reading?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"it was that unresolved ending"
Sort of like watching any episode of X-files.