Sunday, October 17, 2021

Mi Familia y Mis Amigos

My family and my friends.
I spend part of my road trip yesterday listening to a Spanish lesson (la leccion de Español). Actually, I was re-listening to a lesson. An advantage of online courses is being able to hear them more than once. It helps us slow learners.

My nephew, Andrew, is a student at Saint Louis University. I had a nice drive to St. Louis and a good visit with him. We took a brief walk around campus and then walked to the nearby Pappy's BBQ for lunch. Since it was a sunny afternoon, we opted to eat outdoors. Andrew is getting more of a typical college year this year. Last year wasn't a lot of fun as far as available activities on campus and around St. Louis.
His on campus housing is pretty sweet. He shares a 2-bdrm apartment with a roommate and has a balcony that looks out over the city. That's way better than typical dormitory housing.

The time went pretty quickly. I was only there for about two hours, but it was a nice visit. I think Andrew has some tough classes. He is looking to the medical field, though not yet certain of an area of specializing. Anyway you slice it, that's going to be a lot of science.

After leaving the SLU campus, I phoned one of my blogging friends and met him at Ted Drewe's. 
Mike and I spent a couple of hours visiting in the parking lot before I headed home. It's a little weird to consider someone you basically only know from the internet as a friend, but we have met in person on a few occasions and I always enjoy those times.  

So after 4 hours of visiting, about 7.5 hours of driving and a little time added for gas stops and bathroom breaks, I arrived home almost exactly 12 hours after leaving. I had a brief phone conversation with my son, Aaron, while driving home and listened to the Boston/Houston ballgame on the ESPN app on my phone. 
Chris stayed home and had a friend over for the afternoon. I think they had planned on a craft day, but ended up just visiting and having dinner. Her friend was leaving about the time I got home.
All-in-all, I'd say it was a good day.

I think I'm going to have to be around people this afternoon (church activity), but I'm prepared for a couple of hours of interaction. 

Adios, amigos!
Hasta pronto!
John

1 comment:

Mike said...

After our visit, I did go by my sisters' house like I said I might. I visited with her, my BIL, and my nephew for a few hours. I'm ready to hang out in my basement and decompress today.

On Facebook, type in "introvert" in the search box. All kinds of groups will come up.