Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Home

It's been 11 days since I've enjoyed a morning cup of coffee on the screened in deck of our home. while the 73f (22.7c) degrees might be similar, the 80% relative humidity is quite different from the mountains of Colorado. But still, this is home.

I'll need to be out on the lawn tractor later today (or maybe tomorrow) as the yard is badly in need of mowing. For the moment, I'm just going to enjoy the peace and quiet of the morning and the beautiful, country view that the deck provides. No, it's not Pikes Peak, but it is serene and it is home.
While there is a bit of highway noise that is audible, there is no doubt that we are several miles from the nearest urban setting. The accessibility the kids have to stores, restaurants, and activities is great, but I'm not certain that I'm willing to trade this rural isolation for the urban hustle. I don't know if Chris feels the same peace from the setting as I do, but I've really become more attuned to the energy and frequency of nature over the past few years, so this is very calming to my spirit.

It is summer in the Midwest. That means hot, humid days and frequent afternoon thunderstorms. There is plenty of outdoor work to be done to get this five acre lot landscaped and cared for, but no hurry to get it finished so I work a little at a time. 
Have I mentioned -- retirement does not suck!

We'll be on the road again for the Fourth of July, but I do not expect to have near as many highway miles as I had in June.

Be well,
John

No comments: