Friday, December 29, 2006

Resistance is Futile

If you are a fan of Star Trek TNG, you'll recognize the title phrase as a Borg saying. It is also the name of a Jay Sankey packet card/mental effect. I've just acquired all of the necessary items to assemble the effect and am looking forward to using it. I've been reading Sankey's book Beyond Secrets, and am finding the guy a little less weird than I used to find him. Resistance is Futile is an effect off of the DVD 22 Blows to the Head. Personally, I think it was well worth the $20 bucks I spent on it. (not to mention way more valuable the $100 Max Maven Nothing DVD.)

Anyways, the thing with the effect is to try to resist me--and of course you can't. The Bible tells us that the day is coming when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. It is a cool thing that He allows us to choose to follow Him or choose to forsake Him. Unlike the Borg, He doesn't assimilate us against our will. That doesn't change who He is or what He is.

I was reading a past post about Christianity being who we are and not who (or what) we say we are. It got me thinking that in six months of blogging, I've never really written about how you can trust Jesus with your eternal soul. I have written of magic and using magic to spread His message, made some personal observations, told of ways to live like Him, even encouraged you to follow Him--but I've never answered the question of, "How do I become a Christian? How can I be a follower of Jesus?"

The Bible really makes it simple. The Bible says that if you will confess with you mouth (say out loud) that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. It is with the heart that we believe and are made righteous (justified by God) and with the mouth that we proclaim our salvation. I know that that is way more simple than what we tend to make it, but it is the way that God has made it. I also know that a blog is no place for a theological debate on whether or not we need a Savior or if there is a God, a heaven, a hell or life after death. For me, the Hope of Eternal Life is the only thing that gives life purpose, real meaning. If not for that Hope, then what is the point? Leave the world a better place--big deal. If you're dead, who is going to care?

If you are searching for a greater meaning to life, please feel free to click on comment below and sent your questions or comments to me. Each comment is moderated by me and will not be posted if you want to ask or discuss your question privately or personally.

God loves you (but I'm His favorite!)
John

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Jesus of Nazareth

No comments: