It has taken me a long time to get to a place where I am comfortable with this.
The thing that I am still working on is having grace towards those that currently think the way I once did. Allowing people to grow on their own or to choose to stay where they are can be difficult for me.
How are you doing with living with your past?
Have your beliefs changed as your perception and understanding of the world has changed?
Is the God you learned about as a child the same God you know as an adult?
Do you ever ask yourself -- What if there is no God?
Just wondering...
John

I can't imagine not asking these questions. I can't imagine not being a questioning person. I can't imagine not evolving. I can't imagine not being honest with myself and others about things I once believed or thought were important.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly makes things a lot smoother when beliefs match or when people are open-minded or comfortable with other's perspectives, but sometimes I think that many of these things aren't as important as actions. As an observer from afar, Dolly Parton seemed to have an unbreakable faith but her actions were inclusive.