It's been a little longer than a month since I've been wearing this Fitbit Versa smart watch.
Here are a few thoughts/observations.
I don't like that I cannot pause the step counting feature.
When I ride my motorcycle or mow the lawn (riding mower) there is enough vibration to make the watch think I am walking or riding a bicycle and track accordingly. It really isn't a big deal because actual steps don't matter that much to me. I mostly use the step count to monitor how active/inactive I am.
I like the sleep tracking feature, although I have no idea of how it works. I can see how the inactive period and heart rate might indicate when I am sleeping, but tracking restlessness, REM sleep, light sleep, and deep sleep is some kind of witchcraft or something.
Most nights I clock in at just under 6 hours of total sleep. Last night I was just over 8! I guess a day of yard work requires additional recovery.
Phone notifications are cool, but not really a feature that I use a lot.
For me, the best feature is one that any simple watch would provide -- giving me the time.
Not pulling out my phone to check the time is a good thing and probably the feature I most appreciate. The weird thing is that I seldom really need to know the time.
Mostly, it's more a matter of How much time until I have to do something else? or How long have I been doing whatever I'm doing? rather than knowing what the actual time is. As a fully immersed retired guy, I really don't need to know what time it is very often. Perhaps, I am just checking out of a lifelong habit that persists without purpose.
All-in-all, I'd give it an overall -- meh.
It is nice and functional.
It is more than I really need and underutilized.
I'm glad I was able to use an insurance benefit to buy it rather than buy it outright.
I should probably work on using more of its functions to better monitor my health.
* * * * *
Yesterday I was heading out for coffee and there were school kids waiting for the school bus. I was thinking that it won't be long before we change time unless we keep DST and then they will be waiting in the dark. Seasonal changes can be hard.
I was also thinking -- Damn, I'm glad I don't have to be up this early for work or school everyday!
Retirement does not suck.
Work a bit
Rest a bit
Eat a bit
Enjoy it all
John
Posts to Out of My Hat are just my thoughts on varied subjects from politics, religion, parenting, magic and life in general. Please feel free to comment on or share any of the material found here. Just note the source and, when possible, provide a link to Out of My Hat.
Witchcraft, ha.
ReplyDelete