I'm not much of an audio book fan. Yesterday I listened to my fourth book (1st this year). Like the previous three, this one was on a long, traveling solo road trip. The first was actually an accidental download from the Libby app. I thought I was getting an e-book, but got an audio book instead.
Typically, I listen to music while on the road. Yesterday I decided to find a book to listen to.
I am going to say that listening to books has its place and has definitely helped pass the time on an all day drive, but I am going to stick to reading for the most part.
Two of the four books have been read by the author; two have been read by other people. How does a person get paid to read a book out loud? That seems like a decent gig if you don't mind the sound of your own voice and sitting still for hours on end.
How do you feel about audio books?
I think I would use them more often if I spent a lot of time in the car.
John
Posts to Out of My Hat are just my thoughts on varied subjects from politics, religion, parenting, magic and life in general. Please feel free to comment on or share any of the material found here. Just note the source and, when possible, provide a link to Out of My Hat.
I enjoyed this honest perspective on audiobooks. 📚🎧 I can understand why traditional reading remains more appealing, while audiobooks can be especially useful during long drives or when your eyes need a break. I also found the difference between author-narrated and professionally narrated books interesting—voice and delivery can really change the experience of a story. Sometimes the best format simply depends on the situation. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and starting an interesting conversation! 🚗📖
ReplyDeleteMy favourite audiobooks are narrated by the author, specifically comedians who know how to deliver their words.
ReplyDelete