Late July in the Ozarks of SWMO is going to be hot and usually pretty humid. It appears that we will get a break on the humid part as the temperature pushes the 100 degree mark (38 C).
Although it is going to be hot and I don't spend as much time outside as I used to in the summertime, I don't think we've had a 100 degree day yet this summer. While I am a believer in man made climate change, sometimes it's just hot because that is the nature of summer in the Ozarks.
I've been a bit lazy this past week and put off some yard work that needs to be done. It's not that I've been entirely lazy; I've managed to do some less strenuous things, but the yard work hasn't done itself, so...
I guess today will be the day.
The plan is to begin before it gets too hot.
Work until I've had enough.
Cool off by relaxing in the pool.
Yeah, it's a tough life.
Motivation to get started is often my greatest challenge. Admittedly, I am a slow starter in the day. Sitting and sipping coffee is a simple, slow start that I greatly enjoy. The sedentary inertia requires great effort to overcome. I often allow myself the distractions of reading one more chapter, solving one more puzzle, or playing one more game before getting started. Before I know it -- it is late in the morning and getting hot enough to discourage much outside work.
As I said, the past week wasn't entirely unproductive. I did manage to make a couple of adjustments to our screen doors, re-pot several succulents and some cone flowers, re-organize our freezer to make room for some frozen meat that we bought, and unpack some new nightstands -- the first pieces of some new bedroom furniture to arrive.
In addition to the normal home owner stuff, it looks like I have a couple of people engagements on the schedule for the coming week. I might need some extra pool time to keep things in balance.
Stay cool,
John
Posts to Out of My Hat are just my thoughts on varied subjects from politics, religion, parenting, magic and life in general. Please feel free to comment on or share any of the material found here. Just note the source and, when possible, provide a link to Out of My Hat.
No comments:
Post a Comment